CAS: 98-55-5 EINECS: 232-268-1 HS.CODE: 38059010 Molecular Formula:C10H18O Molar Mass 154.253 g·mo.
Terpineol is a monoterpene alcohol that has been isolated from a variety of sources such as cajuput oil, pine oil, and petitgrain oil. There are four isomers, alpha-, beta-, gamma-terpineol, and terpinen-4-ol. beta- and gamma-terpineol differ only by the location of the double bond. Terpineol is usually a mixture of these isomers with alpha-terpineol as the major constituent.
Alpha-Terpineol is a natural monoterpene alcohol, has pines odor or clove odor, found naturally in Pine oil, Lavandin oil, Petitgrain oil and Neroli oil. It appears viscous liquid but easy crystallizing. Alpha-Terpineol obtained industrially by dehydration of terpin hydrate or by direct hydration of the terpene hydrocarbons contained in turpentine oil. When obtained synthetically, it also contains the isomers ß-and-γ-terpineol.
Collectively, the use of α-terpineol in medicine and in the pharmaceutical industry plays an important role in therapeutic applications. This review will, therefore, support future research in the utilization of α-terpineol.
85% Terpineol has high purity can kill germs and used as disinfectant in the cleaning formulas.
- New GI Drum, 180 kg net each.80 drums per 20’FCL
- HDPE Drum, 172kg net each.80 drums per 20’FCL
- avoid contact with light
- keep separated from incompatible substances
- store and handle in accordance with all current regulations and standards.
- store in a cool, dry place
- store in a tightly closed container
- avoid all possible sources of ignition (spark or flame)
Appearance colourless sticky oily transparent liquid
Density, D20/4 0.9300~0.936 min
Distilling Volume, 96% V/V, min 215~224°C
Moisture .5% Max
Refractive Index, @ N20/D 1.4825~1.4855
Solubility, in 25°C, 2 volumes of 70% alcohol Soluble
Terpene Alcohols by dehydration 85%+
* We Accept customized OEM services
Application and Uses:
- Synthetic detergents
- Flavor on daily chemicals
- Natural plant solvents
- α-terpineol attracts a great interest as it has a wide range of biological applications as an antioxidant, anticancer, anticonvulsant, antiulcer, antihypertensive, anti-nociceptive compound.